A traditional farmer dish, cooked with simple ingredients offered to us from the land itself. It has become the gastronomic symbol of the Valtellina, its authenticity also winning over the most demanding of palates.

The dish is the most renowned of Valtellinese cusine. The pasta dough is made by mixing buckwheat flour, durum wheat flour and common wheat flour with water.

It is traditionally served with a sauce of cubed potatoes and greens, often either savoy cabbage (aka kale), Swiss Chard or spinach, layered with Valtellina Casera PDO cheese and flavoured with a drizzle of butter and garlic.


In the past, pizzoccheri were made exclusively by hand.

Nowadays they are made by using a specific machine, guaranteeing food hygiene, without comprising their unique taste in anyway whatsoever.

This traditional recipe is preserved at the Accademia del Pizzocchero in Teglio.

Pizzocheri come from the centre of Montagna in Valtellina, a comune in the Province of Sondrio in the Italian Lombardy region. Historically, it is the birth place of this dish thanks to the extensive cultivation of buckwheat dating back to the 15th century.


Consortium of the protection of “Pizzoccheri della Valtellina PGI”

The Consortium of the protection of Pizzoccheri della Valtellina was founded in 2018 with the aim to value and protect the Pizzoccheri della Valtellina pasta, which had been recognised as a PGI product in 2016.

The Committee associates the 5 main producers of Pizzoccheri della Valtellina PGI dry and fresh products. 96% of today’s market is in Italy, and the remaining 4% in Switzerland and other Non-EU countries including the USA, Canada and Australia.

To find out more visit: www.pizzoccheridellavaltellina.eu

Il nostro sito, utilizza i cookie per rendere semplice ed efficiente la navigazione per l’utenza che ne visiona le pagine. Se vuoi saperne di più clicca "Maggiori informazioni". Chiudendo questo banner o cliccando su qualunque elemento della pagina acconsenti all’uso dei cookie. Maggiori informazioni

Questo sito utilizza i cookie per fornire la migliore esperienza di navigazione possibile. Continuando a utilizzare questo sito senza modificare le impostazioni dei cookie o cliccando su "Accetta" permetti il loro utilizzo.

Chiudi